Dear Brothers and Sisters,
We are going through a time of uncertainty and testing not just in our community but all around the world. The Covid-19 virus has made young and old alike stop and think about the safety and security of themselves and their neighbors. Though the virus is real and dangerous the fear it brings may be even more dangerous, holding some hostage beyond the quarantine’s end. As Christians, our response to this and any trouble should not be fear but rather turning to God in humility and prayer. It says in Psalm 46:1-2 “God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. Therefore, we will not fear, though the earth should change and though the mountains slip into the heart of the sea”
Being confident in this, we are calling for a day of prayer and fasting - Thursday April 30
We invite you to Join with us in prayer as we:
- Examine our hearts and repent from all attitudes that are not motivated by love; love for God and our neighbors.
- Pray that God would bring healing and restoration to our families, communities, our nation and the world. Not only physical health but spiritual healing which will result in revival across the nations.
- Pray for all those in positions of authority, that they make wise decisions that protect both life and liberty.
- Pray for the protection of those who are on the front lines dealing with the Covid-19 virus.
- Pray for God’s grace and provision for persons and businesses during this disruption and for a quick and safe return to work.
As you spend time in prayer; pray for the things the Holy Spirit brings to mind; we encourage you to pray as He leads. We encourage you to pray with faith and confidence, for “we know He hears us.” (1 John 5:14-15)
Make sure you spend time thanking and praising God for prayers He’s already answered and for all He has done for us.
All of us joining in prayer will have a great effect in this time of trouble.
Consider the following two scripture passages.
James 5:16 “Confess your sins to one another, and pray for one another so that you may be healed. The effective prayer of a righteous man can accomplish much.”
2 Chronicles 7:14 “If My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land.”
Calvin Bergsma and the elders